If you download Amazon Prime videos to watch at a later time, you would’ve noticed that the videos are not very bright. In fact, some videos are barely visible. The Amazon Prime video player is not very helpful either in increasing the brightness of these videos as such a setting doesn’t exist.
Amazon doesn’t allow these videos to be played by any other video player for preventing copying of these videos, so that doesn’t help much with the brightness. So, how do you increase the brightness of Amazon videos? This is where your phone will come to the rescue.
Increase Brightness of Amazon Prime Videos on Android
If you own an Android phone, perform the following to increase the brightness.
1) Swipe down the Quick Settings menu from the top of the screen.
2) Adjust the screen brightness manually.
3) Alternatively, open Settings > Display > drag the brightness slider.
The steps above change the brightness of your screen and this increase applies to all your apps, including the Amazon Video Player. You may have to increase the brightness to maximum for some videos. The brightness issue is less during the night. It is during the day when you will need to use maximum brightness setting. Note, increasing the brightness significantly drains battery life.
Increasing Brightness on iPhone
To increase the screen brightness on iPhones, perform the following:
1) Open Control Center. This can be done by swiping down from the top right corner or swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.
2) Then drag the brightness button.
3) Alternatively, open Settings > Display & Brightness, then drag the slider.
Hopefully, Amazon will come up with a video player which will allow manual increase of screen brightness. This would make life much easier and perhaps, increase viewership. If you are watching the videos on a computer, simply increase your monitoring or screen brightness if you are having difficulty with dark videos.