We connect to so many wifi networks while we work, study, visit places and at home. It’s hard to remember so all the wifi passwords for these networks, specially when they are just bunch of random characters. Well, now Android 10 makes it easier to see the saved wifi password for all your saved networks.
How to See Saved Wifi Passwords
These instructions are suitable for a device using Android 10. If you are using an older version of Android, the phone will need to be rooted and the instruction will differ. Follow these steps using your Android 10 device to see saved passwords:
- Tap Settings
- Tap Connections or on some phones, Networks & Internet
- Tap Wi-Fi
- If your Wi-Fi is off, tap the toggle switch to turn it on. At this point, a list of available and saved networks will be shown.
- Select one of the saved networks
- Tap the Share option for the selected network
- Enter your phone password when prompted
- A QR code will be generated. The password for the saved wifi network will be listed just below the QR code.
The QR code can be scanned by another phone to join the same network. Using the method above, you can check the password for each saved network. It’s specially useful when someone asks you for a wifi password but you can’t remember. The steps above will help you avoid the embarrassment.
Be sure to keep your passwords safe. Avoid sharing the password with neighbors and friends who you don’t really trust.